Thursday 16 May 2013

The first post

My first post on my blog. I'm not going to lie...this is not going to be an exciting blog. I have zero experience with design, computers, or witty and engaging writing. But I do need a place to put my layouts so here is my place. "A beautiful mess" by Diamond Rio is our song. My husband and I dated for one month and got married six months later. The song came out during that time and the words were fitting. Another term in that song was 'sweet addiction'. Well that is what love is, new love, and seasoned love. My wedding band is engraved inside with "sweet addiction", his with "beautiful mess" to always remind us of our love and life together. Nowadays those words still hold true for us, but they have taken on new meaning for a certain hobby of mine. It was a hobby I dabbled in when I had time over the last 10 years but frankly with working full time as a nurse and raising 2 boys, and renovating our house, the dabbling was not frequent. A hobby I was never very confident in,  but over the last few years foot problems have taken over most aspects of my life and they have caused me to need to stop most activity. Scrapbooking is something I can do while sitting, and is therefore pain free. So this hobby has turned into a 'sweet addiction' of mine. My desk is always a 'beautiful mess' after a late night of creating. My confidence and skill have grown to the point that I'm happy to showcase my creations. And with a lot of free time on my hands for the next year or so while recovering from multiple foot surgeries, I have decided to try out this blog thing.

See what I mean about a 'beautiful mess'? This is the day after a particularly late night of scrapping. My bad habit is to leave the clean up til the day after before I start the mess making process again. 

I have the house to myself today. I've been told I'm doing to much (how does one not?) and to take it easy. So the kids are in daycare/afterschool care. And here I am trying not to do much. So I need challenges to keep me motivated and inspired. Scrapbooking challenges. I have two in the works:

 1) A Top 10 list for Scrapbookin Adventures, our LSS

Scrapbookin Adventures Challenges


 2) Peridot #3 for Scrapbook Steals Midweek Mojo Series




Now if only I didn't waste so much time trying to figure out this blog thing (I craft way better then I computer)...I would have them done to display. But instead I'm going to show some of my creations from the last couple of weeks.










I could post more because amongst the National Scrapbooking Day, a 8 hr crop at my LSS, and lots of nights scrapping at home while I 'recover'...I have done lots of layouts these past 2 weeks. But I'm going to stop here...and go scrapbook some more. 





No comments:

Post a Comment